For the sheer amusement of my 2 and a half readers.
Most of the stuff I am about to write about pertains to Desi men especially but I guess everyone should be heeding this shit.
Okay, so you decided you're gonna sign up for a dating website. Great. You are taking the plunge and putting yourself on the internet for all to see. Good for you for being so brave.
I'm not saying I'm some camera queen who knows everything about how to pose and smile or whatever. I'm just giving some critiques based on what I have seen on my ventures on a couple of dating sites.
Now just some pointers for you.
************************************************

1. TAKE THE FUCKING SUNGLASSES OFF.
Ever hear someone say the eyes are the window to the soul? I can't see your soul on the internet if you look like Stevie Wonder in your profile pic. Take that shit off, look at the camera, think about something hilarious and give a genuine smile.

2. NO PASSPORT PICTURES AS PROFILE PICTURES.
We are not in 1950s India anymore, loosen the hell up. You are essentially selling yourself to a potential mate. Show off your best assets. Looking like Sam the Eagle in your picture isn't going to help your case.
3. MAKE SURE ONLY YOU ARE IN YOUR PICTURES.
I know you want to show the world that you have friends who enjoy your company and can at least fake a good time with you for the camera. But are those people aware that their pictures are on random dating websites? I get skeeved out big-time when I see pics of some drunk-ass dude splayed out on a white leather couch in a lounge with some chick laying across his lap while he holds her leg up for the picture. If you are going to have pics with others in your profile, at least make sure you identify who you are with in your pictures, and that the pictures sell you. I mean for example, being with family at a wedding is a good thing, right? "This is me and my darling brother/sister at a family wedding." Besides, is that time you got a little tipsy with some strippers at that gay bar last summer really your best moment?
Most of the stuff I am about to write about pertains to Desi men especially but I guess everyone should be heeding this shit.
Okay, so you decided you're gonna sign up for a dating website. Great. You are taking the plunge and putting yourself on the internet for all to see. Good for you for being so brave.
I'm not saying I'm some camera queen who knows everything about how to pose and smile or whatever. I'm just giving some critiques based on what I have seen on my ventures on a couple of dating sites.
Now just some pointers for you.
************************************************

1. TAKE THE FUCKING SUNGLASSES OFF.
Ever hear someone say the eyes are the window to the soul? I can't see your soul on the internet if you look like Stevie Wonder in your profile pic. Take that shit off, look at the camera, think about something hilarious and give a genuine smile.

2. NO PASSPORT PICTURES AS PROFILE PICTURES.
We are not in 1950s India anymore, loosen the hell up. You are essentially selling yourself to a potential mate. Show off your best assets. Looking like Sam the Eagle in your picture isn't going to help your case.
3. MAKE SURE ONLY YOU ARE IN YOUR PICTURES.
I know you want to show the world that you have friends who enjoy your company and can at least fake a good time with you for the camera. But are those people aware that their pictures are on random dating websites? I get skeeved out big-time when I see pics of some drunk-ass dude splayed out on a white leather couch in a lounge with some chick laying across his lap while he holds her leg up for the picture. If you are going to have pics with others in your profile, at least make sure you identify who you are with in your pictures, and that the pictures sell you. I mean for example, being with family at a wedding is a good thing, right? "This is me and my darling brother/sister at a family wedding." Besides, is that time you got a little tipsy with some strippers at that gay bar last summer really your best moment?

No comments:
Post a Comment