So I was surfing the web a little while ago and I came across a bunch of cooking blogs. Now, I am no great kitchen artist but I do have a sense of adventure, so I enjoy throwing together random culinary concoctions whenever I have the time. I usually cook at home. I enjoy it because I know what was put into the final products, and it is usually faster than it seems. Sometimes I take shortcuts with storebought ingredients to save time, but I still have the satisfaction of making my own meals.
I'm just remembering when I first got up the nerve to cook anything. It was a few summers ago...I basically taught myself how to cook that summer. Once for a pot-luck type dinner I made spicy wild rice (with vegetable broth instead of water) and steamed shrimp. Tonight I made baked salmon, coated with thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon, and black pepper. Another dish I like to make is stir-fried tofu with black-bean sauce. I made kheer for extra-credit for a psychology course last semester and it came out way better than I thought, considering it was the first time I had ever made it. I made a nice spicy dal earlier this week. This probably doesn't qualify as a recipe but I also enjoy making fruit flavored or herbal teas, and instead of adding milk and sugar, adding in a teaspoon of fruit jam or jelly (preferably with pieces of fruit in it). For example, honey-vanilla chamomile tea + 1 tsp apricot or peach preserves = yummy.
I'm off to the gym in a little bit but I just felt like writing for a few minutes before I go :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment