I imagine that this hurricane is an expression of anger from mother nature due to the fact that we mutant humans who destroy our environment without a second thought have increased in population beyond a controllable capacity. During times like these I think it would be better for me to not have children and to voluntarily end a genetic trail that has existed since the beginning of humanity.
I used to think about this a lot.
I imagine that through natural disasters like this we will be erased from this planet. Slowly but surely. We will be witness to our own tragic demises through repeated mini-Armageddons.
Or. We will kill ourselves with nuclear warfare. The last remaining humans on this earth will be sterile due to radiation exposure. And they will die off being the only ones to acknowledge that the fears of those who had always preached about the end of the world by nuclear means were not totally unfounded... but of course by then it would be too late.
Or. There will be a new superbug virus 100 times more deadly and more transmissible than ebola, HIV, TB, or anything else you can imagine.
Or. The meteor theory.
I really do wonder sometimes.
I am in one of the last neighborhoods with internet/power/water. I feel blessed that I have these facilities now but it's just a matter of time I guess.
Even though it is hard for me to see it once in a while, sometimes I feel like the only reason I have been lucky in my life is because my mom's father and my father's mom pray(ed) so much for me. I told my aunt the other day that I feel sad that my children will not be as fortunate as I have been.
Let's see what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment