Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Just for kicks and/or distraction


This is a post all about some discontinued items that I have taken the special time and effort to track down and stock up on because I love them so much.


First, we have Aquolina's Pink Sugar Hair Perfume. I am not 100% sure it has been discontinued but I can't seem to find it in any Sephora stores or on their website anymore. This stuff smells like a vanilla cupcake and I get many compliments when I wear it. I first got this product to wear in NYC since it is very effective at covering up cigarette stink (my mom smokes like a chimney). It smells best when it's been in my hair for some time, and then I tie it up and release it. It's like it gets recharged somehow. It's just perfect for a night out. I love this product!




Next, we have Avon's Planet Spa Palm Desert Rose Hair Oil. The instructions say to leave it in your hair for some time and then rinse it out. Every time I used it I treated it like a leave-in conditioner and my hair was silky smooth all day. It worked best for me right after I had gotten keratin treatments. Normally I have to use gels and mousses to keep my hair tamed but I was pleasantly surprised to see how well my hair behaved after I had put only this product in it after a wash. I bought some on eBay right after this was discontinued but I don't think I will again because I do enjoy experimenting with new products.





Up next, we have New York & Company's InMotion workout pants. I love these things. They are so comfortable. I wear them every day to work. I am so glad that I overbought before they discontinued these. I saw them make a comeback a year after I initially found them in the shop and I bought three more. I wish I had gotten even more. They are so versatile and they make my ass look good, goddammit!




Now, we have from True Blue Morocco Honey and Date Body Yogurt from Bath and Body Works. This stuff smells like nothing I have ever smelled in my whole entire life. OK, wait, that's not true; I think it smells like kheer, maybe rasmalai. But this is body lotion. Before I experienced this product I had never imagined a body lotion smelling like kheer or rasmalai. I knew I had to have it when I tested it in the shop. It has a milky, buttery, cardamomy twist to it. I could also describe it as smelling like sweet creamy buttered rice, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate. It's quite a beautiful and unique aroma.

This is So Sexy Volume Big & Full Root-Lift Hair Spray from Victoria's Secret. I know the bottle says "Fine to Normal Hair" and my hair is very thick, but hold on. This stuff does work for me if I put a lot on. I use about a quarter of the bottle each time I use it, no joke. And as you could guess from my descriptions of the previous products, this stuff smells heavenly. I put it in after a wash. It makes my hair just crispy enough that it softens when I run my fingers through it. After that it leaves my hair in the perfect cross between tousled and put-together, and that look lasts for about 2 days, which is about as frequently as I wash my hair. I get many compliments when I wear this in my hair.


No comments: