Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Am I left in the dust again?

This is not the first time.
We had an argument about his alcohol intake.
I can't tell if I am being too paranoid or not because my mother is a complete alcoholic so my sense of "normal" when it comes to alcohol is totally fucked up. Any amount makes me uncomfortable and i also know that's not ok.
But we had a fight tonight and without apologies he left after I had fallen asleep in bed. He left the room ... we are on the 2nd of four days scheduled to be together because he leaves the country on Nov 7th. We are in Lee, MA right now and he is surrounded by his friends who drink all the time and encourage him to do it too. I followed him downstairs and saw him through a window in the door, sitting and chatting with his alcoholic friend. I went inside the room they were in and I saw something disturbingly familiar. I saw the right hand make a swift motion behind the laptop screen. I edged my way over and saw what I didn't want to see; what struck extreme fear and dread into my heart: a glass of red wine.

He tried to hide the wine from me after our argument.
I grew up with my mom trying and failing to hide her 16oz cans of Budweiser from my sight. But I always knew what was there.

I am waiting to see in what condition he returns tonight.
I dont know if he will be totally drunk or not.

No comments: