Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...not really though.

I really feel lonely right now. My man has gone to India and I am alone here in Albany. I am so depressed I can't even talk to my coworkers. I can't stop crying and I have nobody to talk to about it. Since he has been in India it's been so different. He told me that in his mind we are married already. Well if you are married and not at home, shouldn't you be making an effort to contact your wife and let her know you miss and love her? We do say those things to each other but he is always surrounded by family so he feels censored. This has been a mild but constant hurt. I try to be understanding but it's really difficult. I really and truly feel as though I have no friends. The part that hurt today was when I went on facebook and I saw that he replied to certain peoples' messages but not mine. That really hurt me. We agreed to make an extra effort to maintain this relationship across the world as hundreds of people do every single day.
Everything about this relationship is against what I was looking for when I met him. I wanted someone who could stay in this country, someone with a reasonable income, and I definitely did NOT want a long distance relationship. And that's exactly what I have. Sometimes I ask myself if this is a confidence issue. Well, the reality is that in my 27 years of life I have not found anyone like him before. I really don't want to lose him. It's been over 2 years now since we started together. Is he taking advantage of our history together and using that to make himself believe that I would be ok with being ignored while he's gone?
I have been trying to distract myself but to no avail. I am so sad these days I can't even talk to my coworkers. I feel truly alone and lonely, unmotivated to do anything regardless of how important it is to do those things for me.

No comments: