Courtesy of this week's postsecret.com update.I don't feel exactly the same way, but I do feel like most of the men with potential I encounter want to do the green and really can't be bothered to even consider the red. That's what I mean.
In other news, I felt bored last night and decided to catch the last showing of "Obsessed" in Times Square, which was an interesting film but definitely a far cry from being remotely Oscar-worthy. I walked from 42nd st to 103rd st in Manhattan today. I was on the phone for a portion of my walk, and while I was talking and walking in the road a little brown imp of a man came sidling up to me and matched my pace. I was taken aback because it was so unexpected. Then, I heard him say, "I like you, baby", and other disgusting remarks. I told my friend on the line to hold on and I told the creepy one, "You can't see I'm on the phone?! Stupid!!" and he immediately hopped up onto the curb and slunk away. I am not a person who believes a woman should have to endure harassment at all, but I will mention anyway what I was wearing just to prove a point that some people are just horny fucking idiots and will stop at nothing to attempt to "holla" at any living creature without male genitalia. I was wearing (in close to 90 degree weather mind you) a long-sleeved black shirt and pinstriped beige pants. WTF! Crazy!!
Once about a month ago I met a friend on 23rd street for lunch. After we finished, I had to walk past a construction site to go back to the subway station. Well, we all know what construction sites are famous for: perverted construction workers. They did the catcalls and hoot-n-holler bit, they did the laughing when I looked up to see who was shouting at me, and guess what I did? :) I called their damn employer, that's what. The contractor's number was right under where they were working and I called and reported that his employees are wasting time at work by rudely hitting on women. I got a positive response from the employer and when I made another appointment 2 weeks later with the same buddy at the same place, I didn't get a single catcall. As it should be. There's a time and place. In a nightclub I could possibly be a little more understanding about it but jeez, I really don't want to be treated like a piece of meat every single time I am out of my home.

1 comment:
You are right
"there's a time and place"
Post a Comment