I do not trust my body enough to survive pregnancy.
I have struggled my whole life with trusting my body at all.
My personal trainer made me cry when he loaded 415 lbs on a leg press machine and said, “I know you can do this, you have to trust yourself.”
And because he said so, I did.
And because I did, I succeeded.
Sometimes he asks me how I am feeling during my workouts. Whether I can feel the impact of the exercise on its intended muscle target.
I never have an answer. I am not able to listen to my body.
I let him know that. I let him know I will tell him if I have pain.
That is the best I can do.
This is a daily struggle.
I have struggled my whole life with trusting my body at all.
My personal trainer made me cry when he loaded 415 lbs on a leg press machine and said, “I know you can do this, you have to trust yourself.”
And because he said so, I did.
And because I did, I succeeded.
Sometimes he asks me how I am feeling during my workouts. Whether I can feel the impact of the exercise on its intended muscle target.
I never have an answer. I am not able to listen to my body.
I let him know that. I let him know I will tell him if I have pain.
That is the best I can do.
This is a daily struggle.

No comments:
Post a Comment