Saturday, November 17, 2012

I just broke a heart.

I was talking to this guy I found online, we haven't even met in real life (yet?) and we haven't known of each other's existences for more than a week. Already we have been talking and chatting multiple times a day extending into the wee hours of the morning, and I have been calling him after work while I walk through Central Park on my way home.

Just because. I don't know.

He is Surinamese, he talks nerdy and dirty to me, we have a lot in common in terms of interests and upbringing, and he gives me a ladyboner with his big moony eyes, his perfect teeth, his tan skin, his ambitious nature, and his shaggy black mop of hair.

We have sparks of chemistry flying all over the place but I am not ready to be liable for someone else's feelings right now. I am not ready to not be able to tell someone that I have a date with someone else. I am not ready for love's emotional sulci and gyri.

I guess it is not fair of me to have signed up for a dating website with the following list of preferences laid out for all to see:

"You should message me if:
You are a geek/nerd. Intelligence turns me on. Talk nerdy to me ;)
You are honest and straightforward.
You know when to be serious and when to be silly, and you prefer the latter to the former.
You are a simple person.
You are faithful in romantic relationships.
You are not a drama queen (king?).
You are 5'8" or taller (I am 5'7").
You are interested in meeting face to face and getting off this site!"

I signed up for this for purely selfish reasons- for distraction purposes and to just get to know people in NYC and have something to do.

Each time I get a message asking me what I am looking for, I have replied "friends first, more if there's chemistry." But there is chemistry with this guy.

And look what I'm doing.

I feel like an asshole.


No comments: