This was written a long time ago about someone who is now a very good friend of mine, Srikanth. This was written back in the days of Manish, and those days are long gone now, I am happy to say. Upon his request, here is the post I originally made and deleted on this website regarding my feelings for Srikanth after I had met him.
----------------------------------------------
I met this interesting guy from shaadi. We are getting to know each other (it's been about 2 weeks now) and I like him, though he seems to want to take it faster than I do at this point in time. I don't know what I want, but I definitely know that I do not want to end up dependent on anyone, and right now I need to make money, think about getting back into school, doing Doctors Without Borders or a similar program, and last but not least, making sure that all the pain and doubt from that Punjabi guy is gone before I dive into something new. No matter how good the potential may seem right now, it simply would not be fair to this new guy for me to still be healing old wounds while I were with him. I did post in my shaadi profile that I was looking for "friends first", with the hopeful progression into more. I still uphold that standard. I truly didn't expect that I would find someone interesting so soon. Having known him for just two weeks (though we were together day and night for about 2 days, and chatting on the phone for hours) is just not enough for me to say that we are anything beyond friends right now. I am just not ready right now for the responsibility of a new relationship which entails love. I am not prepared for the pressures of being held accountable for every moment I am not within view. I am not ready to give 100% of myself to someone so soon after having 100% of myself broken.
--------------------------------------------------------
I am talking to Srikanth now after a very long time, and I revealed this post to him that I had written long ago. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment