It has become disgustingly easy for me to stop talking to any person I no longer wish to speak to, no matter how sweet our friendship might have been in the past. Is that good or bad? If I even get an indication that the other person has no interest in being my friend anymore, I don't hesitate to attempt to cut off all ties first. Hmm. Does that make any sense?
Here's an example.
My friend, Manoj, who is mentioned in the post below, has called me like 5 times since he moved to Indiana. We have only talked like 2 out of those 5 times. He explained to me before that he was busy at his new location. Fine, I mean, that meant that he wasn't contacting anyone, right? It couldn't have been just me. Fast forward a few weeks. I went to his social networking profile and saw that he had deleted multiple posts that I had written for him expressing concern because he was not contacting me. However, there were a few posts from another person consecutively posted on his wall, showing that he was writing back and forth to them. So finally, today, I deleted him from my friends list. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but to me it was a symbolic detachment from him in real life. Why should I expend energy on friends who don't even have the courtesy to let me know they are okay/alive? Sickofit. So many times have I worried myself sick over people who didn't give one single shit about me. There are two things I hate: when someone lies to me and when someone wastes my time. Faking a friendship with me is doing both. I wish people would just fucking tell me if I were annoying the hell out of them, or to STFU, or that the desire for the continuation of our friendship has ended. Sue me for being a caring friend and for being loyal to the people I care about in my life. I have enough acquaintances to shower with ornamental formality and if I call someone a friend it's because I respect them and I expect more than that from them.
In other news... I am still very sweet on my boy that I mentioned a while ago. Hence, the roses in the post title :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment