Saturday, August 1, 2009

Haikus

He, a big spider,
Killed me, a fly, with poison.
Love: the poison's name.

Heartache, when near me,
Summons the pain of his death.
Exponential growth.

I fear that which I
need most. I fear I will have
my fear forever.

Friendship, the cement
that binds two people tightly
through all ups and downs.

Blanket, cover me
Make me warm in woolen arms
Snuggle me to sleep.

I smile at the thought
of you loving me always.
I will love you, too.

Man's body, bleeding
A machine without its oil
is out of order.

Anger and sadness
produce beauty in artwork
happiness cannot.

I am scared to look
because I know that he will
catch me in the act.

See my loving eyes.
I don't have it in me to
hurt you. Or do I?

I am just a child.
Can't you see this homely girl
crying like she's lost?

You ask me if I
began something with someone.
I don't know, did you?

Pencil, long and thin
balanced in my fingertips,
Lead ready to purge.

We walk on the bridge.
Our hands brush in the night air.
I can feel doubt rise.

Uninhibited,
I allow you to go there.
Regret rears its head.

Where is my childhood?
In a criminal's chapped hands.
I am dust and ash.

I will wear that dress
which you like to see and touch.
I feel powerful.

Busy in daytime,
Making possibilities.
Expanding my touch.

One glass of bubbly.
Bubbles, like fears, rise and burst.
I feel more calm now.

You are next to me.
Moonlight, kiss my crying face.
Darkness, hide my tears.

No comments: