Monday, May 4, 2009

Job crap

So my unit is closing 8 beds permanently and that basically means that I have to find another unit to work on because my unit has chosen to move 6 of us nurses to other units in the hospital. I have a choice between two medical-surgical units and the operating room. I want to work in the OR but some people were scaring me saying that about 20% of the surgeons there are assholes. Others say that even as a nurse on the floor, I would have to deal with asshole docs. The difference is that on the floor I can relatively easily avoid those I don't like. In the OR I would be forced to work with them for at least 8 hours at a time, straight, guaranteed.
Taking care of patients is hard. Why do people have to be such jerks and make the job 500 times more difficult that it needs to be?

No comments: