Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quarter Life Crisis!

So... a bunch of little updates and random ponderings, I guess...

My hunt for a full-time job goes on. This Friday I have two interviews in Albany, NY. So far, I have also received job offers from people in Texas and Georgia. I really don't know where my life is taking me.

I still am undecided about Peace Corps.

And I still need to move the hell out of my house. Basically I am waiting for a source of steady income before I do it.

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire and Gran Torino in the theater, and they were both excellent movies. I usually don't get really emotional after movies, but after each one of the two I saw today, I felt like crying, clapping, and smiling at the same time. I guess my period's coming soon (LOL).

I don't really know what to blame my recent complacency on. I had a bad sinus infection that rendered me totally useless at the end of last week, and I guess I'm on the tail end of it right now. But I am still barely functional and I don't know why. Am I just being lazy? Am I depressed because of my uncertainty regarding the future of my life and the world I live in? Am I depressed because of the lack of prospects in my life, in both the life partner and career fronts? Is all I really need just to leave the place I live in? Is all of this another thing to attribute to my hormonal cycles? What the fuck is wrong with me? I didn't wake up today until 3pm, and that was after falling asleep at 3am. Then, I didn't leave my home until 7pm!!! Is this because my patient flow is decreased and I have nothing else to take up my time? Have I lost all my motivation? I really think so. I just feel so... deflated. So...down. I think I felt more secure when I was undergoing puberty.

I created a profile on shaadi.com (something I really never thought I would do, and actually mocked some of my friends for doing!) and so far I have met, in person, two people from the site.
The first guy was a Muslim, not someone I really want to have as a life partner. He was nice enough for me to continue seeing as a friend, though. He is funny and a good person, just not for me. After the last time, I am not willing to take such a big risk with these things. The second guy was a Hindu Malayali, like me. However he admitted to me that he was not looking for commitment, and that he fears it. I don't understand why a person like that would even bother making a profile on that site, then. We chat from time to time on g-mail chat, but I don't know if we will meet again or not.

I need to vent now about something that pisses me off. Something that seems to be somewhat of an epidemic among about 95% of men I have been talking to lately: the uncontrollable urge to attempt to have a sexual chat with me online. I guess they are just testing waters to see if it is okay with me, but it never is. I don't do that. I'd rather spend time getting to know people. Let me show you what I really and truly hate:
Example 1:
seemam8: im going thru a lot... sex and all that bullshit is last on my mind
****200120012000: lol
****200120012000: haha....wht r u goign through
seemam8: bunch of shit , no need to burden but im just saying
****200120012000: ok
****200120012000: when wsa the last time u had sex

Then I blocked him.

Example 2: mind you, directly before this we were talking about food!
sandsingh***: r u sore after sex
seemam8: please.... i cant handle rude chats man
sandsingh***: can i ask u one thing
sandsingh***: before u punch me
seemam8: careful
seemam8: i told u what i like and dont like...
seemam8: but too many guys try to test waters and it gets tiring
seemam8: and annoying
seemam8: lol
sandsingh***: well i think ur beautiful
seemam8: thank you
sandsingh***: so its hard to resist
seemam8: try harder
sandsingh***: well im trying to lay u
sandsingh***: lol
sandsingh***: just kidding
seemam8: i am being too nice here but.. really u need to watch it
seemam8: i have no prob blocking people

I should have just done it right then, but I didn't. And then later on:

sandsingh***: im picturing laying my flannel blanket
sandsingh***: ont he floor of the boat
sandsingh***: sexy image aint it
seemam8: yepp
sandsingh***: i swear to god though
sandsingh***: if i forgot condoms
sandsingh***: ill swim back
seemam8: i dont think we should chat anymore. no chemistry for me... good luck on your search
sandsingh***: im just kidding
sandsingh***: why do u feel no chemistry
sandsingh***: r u there
seemam8: yeah
seemam8: just not there thats all
sandsingh***: i guess ur pissed about the sexual chat
seemam8: yeah just i know nothing about you
sandsingh***: well
sandsingh***: lets talk then
seemam8: and im not even intersted to know at this point bc i said that b4 and you kept going with it
seemam8: sorry
seemam8: g luck

And then I blocked him.

I will keep posting examples of this as they occur.

Another thing I hate is when people fish for compliments, like this:
sandsingh***: do u think im cute
and
sandsingh***: have u ever met a guy this romantic

Ugh, how disgusting.

I have a lot on my mind today. If the urge strikes, I will be posting again in a few hours. If not, see ya when I see ya.

1 comment:

SAFAHL said...

I am still your no.1 friend dont get irritated by my talks,excuse me if anythng wrong and suggest me ideas to find a girl for marry just like you/your attitude you are welcome to meet me always sincearly ur fan