Hmmm... oh yeah, I guess the biggest thing in my life lately is that I accepted a position on a medical-surgical floor in the Albany Medical Center! That's right, I will be living upstate once more. Trust me, it's not because I could not get enough of the knee-deep-in-snow winters. It's basically because as a result of the economic crunch we are in, no hospitals in the NYC area were willing to invest in me as a new graduate nurse. Oh well. BOOYAH because I will be up in Albany Med by the end of February, learning every single day.
I am to travel to Albany on Jan. 16th for a pre-employment physical. During that day I will also be seeing two apartments which I expressed interest in through craigslist.com. I hope it works out with one of those two, because I have been searching craigslist since and I haven't found any apartments which are as close to the hospital as they are, and for the price that they are offered. What really kind of sucks is that I have 2 friends in Albany now and they will both have begun employment in other states by the time I start at Albany Med. It'll be a new season for forging friendships, I guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment