Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waxing sentimental...

I have been staying in the University Plaza near campus for the past month. Today I am leaving this apartment, and I am leaving Binghamton. I have plans to meet two people today before I leave. One of them is the first roommate I ever had, in the dorms on campus our first year here. She's still a dear friend of mine. I guess it's kind of poignant that we're meeting today, before I leave here for good. The other person I am seeing today is another friend who lived in the same building as me, when we both lived downtown. I am so ready to go back to NYC. I do have to admit that these past few years have been the best of my life for the single reason that I have not been living with any family members. But the lack of 24 hour public transportation in Binghamton is just the worst, especially for night owls like myself.


My ideal life for the few months before I start PeaceCorps service is to sublet a room in the Bronx and stay there by myself. Naturally, I'd have to work to afford that, so it wouldn't be totally feasible until I take and pass my nursing boards in September. I am all packed now and ready to go! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh my GAWh, that ow-ul iz soooo Qu.